Buttock augmentation is a procedure that can enlarge and lift the bottom when weight training and diet has failed, boosting confidence and giving a more shapely rear.
Why choose buttock augmentation?
The buttocks are an area of the body not easily enlarged or reshaped by weight training or diet. Having a flat or shapeless rear can make some people feel uncomfortable and even restrict what clothing they wear; buttock implants can make them feel more comfortable and confident. Individuals that wish to enlarge, lift, and shape the buttock mounds, have a variety of different size and shapes to choose from.Back to Body Surgery
Before your bottom enhancement
Good communication between you and your surgeon is essential; your surgeon can answer specific questions about your specific needs and help set realistic expectations, preparing your for procedure and making sure it is as relaxed and comfortable as possible.
During you consultation you will:
- Discuss your reasons for seeking surgery
- Talk to the surgeon Dr Cotrufo and ask questions about the options open to you
- Undergo a health evaluation
- Discuss what a buttock augmentation procedure involves and discuss aftercare
- Have an assessment of buttocks and bottom area
- Learn about the costs of buttock augmentation and timescales
As your surgery date approaches you may be asked to make some small lifestyle changes and to avoid particular activities and medications.
This may include:
- Taking a blood test or other medical tests
- Stopping smoking
- Adjusting or taking certain medications
- Avoiding aspirin, herbal supplements and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Refraining from drinking alcohol
- Avoiding sun overexposure, particular the surgery area
- Committing not to make stringent changes to your diet
Those undergoing general anaesthetic will be given fasting instructions to follow.
The buttock augmentation procedure
- Buttock augmentation usually takes around 2 hours
- Buttock implants are inserted into each buttock through a single incision and positioned to look as natural as possible
- The incision is then closed with sutures
After your blepharoplasty
After your surgery you will likely need to stay overnight in the clinic, when it is time to return home we advise that a friend or relative drive you.
- You should be able to return to work in 2-4 weeks
- You should start walking around as soon as possible
- Sutures are removed in 7-14 days
- Bruising to the bottom and thighs should subside 7-14 days after surgery.
- You should avoid hot and spicy foods, vigorous activity and heavy lifting for around one month
- Scarring may take up to a year to settle by lightening in colour and flattening
- You will attend aftercare appointments with Dr Cotrufo who will also be available to answer queries
Still have questions about buttock augmentation?
Our clinic’s surgeon Dr Stefano Cotrufo is an expert cosmetic surgeon who has worked in some of the leading plastic surgery hospitals in the world. He regularly contributes to industry journals such as the Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and is happy to discuss procedures and surgery options with patients in detail. If you would like to learn more about buttock augmentation and the care you can expect to receive should you choose to have Dr Cotrufo perform your surgery, please call 0207 873 2330 to organise a consultation.